The 2019 NAFA Northern Nationals season was simply put, historic.
* Record registrations at 14U and 16U. We also matched our largest 18U field and had our second-largest 12U field.
* We introduced our first 8U Tournament in conjunction with the 10U Tournament in Cottage Grove. Thank you to those eight communities for joining us in the inaugural season.
* In total, between the six age levels, we had more than 400 teams from the states of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, North and South Dakota, Missouri, and Kentucky. We also had teams from Manitoba, Canada.
We faced weather challenges, forcing tough calls as an organization both weekends. We THANK YOU for standing by those decisions, being ready to play when the time came.
Now that the 2019 tournament season is behind us, we look to 2020, always looking for ways to improve the experience of every team. We hope you join us next summer as we celebrate our 20th year at NAFA.
Online registration for the Midwest NAFA Nationals and the Northern NAFA Nationals for the 2020 season is expected to open January 1.
NAFA Northern Nationals 8U Registration: CLOSED
NAFA Northern Nationals 10U Registration: CLOSED
NAFA Northern Nationals 12U Registration: CLOSED
NAFA Northern Nationals 14U Registration: CLOSED
NAFA Northern Nationals 16U Registration: CLOSED
NAFA Northern Nationals 18U Registration: CLOSED
NAFA Midwest Nationals Registration: CLOSED
Please reach out to us if you have any questions or need assistance.
1) Those that place in the top two in bracket play (Gold/Silver) at NAFA sanctioned events are allowed entry into the tournament. A list of those tournaments are available up top in the "Tournaments" tab.
2) Top four finishing teams at Tri-County and Big West league tournaments ("A" and "B") qualify as well if space is available.
3) All 10U and 12U "A" league teams can petition for entry by e-mailing Minnesota State Director Eric Kraushar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Participating in at least one NAFA event is preferred.
4) All out-of-state teams are accepted. Please reach out to your respective NAFA State Director by using the "Contact" page in the tabs above.
5) 14U and above are open and a berth is not required.
6) All remaining teams interested will be accepted based on availability. Please contact Eric Kraushar at email@example.com for available spots.
Teams may use their season roster, but must update it to reflect your Nationals' line-up of players. Each roster can contain 18 girls.
A NAFA roster, if needed, is available below.
Tournament Dates: July 9-12
Ages: 8u, 10u, 12u, 14u, 16u, 18u, 23u
Locations: Rockford, IL & Beloit, WI
Tournament dates for the 2019 season
Thursday, July 16-Sunday, July 19
10U: Cottage Grove, 14U: Eden Prairie, 16U Shoreview, 18U Chaska
Thursday, July 23-Sunday, July 26
NAFA has made every effort to ensure your team’s trip to the Twin Cities to attend our NAFA Northern Nationals tournaments are as simplified and economic as possible.
NAFA suggest your team use our online reservation tool or via our hotel coordinators. For a list of our over 50 participating “Host” hotels choose the link below for each age bracket.
Please state you are inquiring for the NAFA Northern Nationals.
Eric Kraushar, NAFA Minnesota State Director, a journalist in the west metro, penned a column on the NAFA experience for our Eden Prairie and Chaska host sites.
Please give it a read.